Being a family caregiver can be a difficult and demanding role. Helios Caregiver Support is always here to help. From caregiver support groups to informative caregiver tips to resources that help with planning care for your loved one, look to Helios Care for the education, training and insights you need to be a more capable caregiver.
Caregiver resources provide helpful support
The education and support caregivers need
Get encouragement from other family caregivers
As a family caregiver, you’re not alone in facing the challenges and toll this vital role can bring. Join us for one or more of our Caregiver Support Group sessions. Choose the date(s) that work best for you. Find support from others facing similar situations as well as from the professionals at Helios Care.
Become a more confident caregiver at home
Helios Caregiver Support helps family and loved ones in their role as caregivers for a loved one with a serious, progressive illness. Common caregiver issues include:
- Mental aspects and anguish of being a caregiver
- The responsibility of doing everything “just right”
- Household chores and tasks seem overwhelming
- Often neglect their own needs and well-being
- Managing family dynamics
- Time management – how will everything get done?
These issues can result in worry and stress that lead to caregiver fatigue. Helios Caregiver Support can help manage these issues and improve the overall caregiving experience. Helios Caregiver Support is often for people who:
- Are caring for a loved one with a serious, progressive illness
- Have been told by a doctor that their loved one has a serious illness
- Wish to have their loved one remain home and avoid hospital/emergency room visits
- Have experienced any of the above common caregiver issues
- Could benefit from an added layer of support
To get started, our team will conduct an initial consult to review and assess your loved one’s eligibility for Helios Care services. We will help you determine:
- The goals of care for you and your loved one
- Medical needs you may have to allow your loved one stay in their home
- Additional support for other family members and loved ones
- Community supports which may help to alleviate caregiving stress
- Emotional supports to help your family cope with the stressors following a diagnosis of a chronic or terminal illness
Advance care planning makes your choices known
Five Wishes is a valuable gift for yourself and for your loved ones. Learn how to complete this advance directive form, which allows you to designate a healthcare proxy, directs your healthcare choices if you’re unable to speak and provides you with the peace of mind of a living will.