When someone you love dies, often a huge gap appears. This gap is called “grief.” We are here to help be your bridge, gently leading you across that gap in your time of need, at your own pace. Everyone grieves differently in their own unique way. Helios Grief Support offers professional guidance for individuals as well as groups coping with similar types of losses – so you can choose the type of support that’s right for you.
Helios Grief Support provides counseling for Adults in groups throughout the three counties. There are three locations that meet at various times, once a month. See the calendar listings or, please contact the office to find the group that is nearest or most convenient for you. Registration is not required and there is no fee for these support groups. Other options are available as well, contact 607-432-5525 and ask to speak to Jessica Weeden for additional information on these services.
- Grieving Is Loving and Bearing the Unbearable, Joanne Cacciatore, PhD
- Opening to Grief, Claire B Willis and Marnie Crawford Samuelson
- What’s Your Grief: Lists to Help You Through Any Loss, Eleanor Haley, MS and Litsa Williams, MA, LCSW-C
- The Healing Power of Sound, Mitchel L Gaynor, MD
- Notes on Grief, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- A Grief Observed, CS Lewis
- Healing Through Yoga: Transforming Loss Into Empowerment, Paul Denniston
- Finding Meaning, David Kessler
“We still have grief, but it is no longer as raw and hurting as it once was. We encourage anyone having to deal with the loss of a loved one to seek out grief support.”